Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm back!

I’m ashamed to say that after more than three months after I created this blog, I am finally writing my second post! I have no excuses, except for the holidays, a vacation in a foreign country, an economics class, and perhaps still some hesitancy about the idea of my writing being out there for the world to see.

In my early strategizing, I decided I would wait until I had at least several semi-brilliant posts up until I advertised my blog to friends and family. The result: pretty much all accountability went out the window. It became way too easy to procrastinate, even after getting a new laptop (which was supposed to propel me into writing bliss, but rather managed to lure me into the world of playing Mah Jong and Beweled constantly during the first month I owned it).

I was so embarrassed by my procrastination that I contemplated removing my first post, and then re-posting it with a February date. Sneaky, huh? J Since no one knew my blog existed before, the evidence against me would disappear into the World Wide Abyss. Except that wouldn’t do -- if you’re going to read this blog, you’ll have to just accept me the way I am. Transparent. Imperfect. And more than susceptible to a late-night game of Mah Jong instead of writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on my blog post. All comments are moderated, so you won't see them show up right away. I reserve the right to edit or decline them if any offensive wording is used, so please keep your comments PG-rated. :-)